Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free, Nut-free, Vegetarian, Vegan
I made these potatoes for a holiday party last night and they were a huge hit! We had a few people in attendance who had food sensitivities, so I kept them pretty clean. The recipe as is was super simple and incredibly flavorful! Utilize olive oil and hemp hearts to your liking to help this recipe be more keto friendly!
If you haven’t played around with hemp hearts, they’re something you need to familiarize yourself with. They’re loaded with healthy fats and protein and have a super delicious, nutty flavor. Hemp hearts are exceptionally rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3), and arealso a great source of Vitamin E and a variety of minerals. They’re skin-feeding and anti-inflammatory, help reduce PMS symptoms (ladies!), lend a helping hand to the digestive process, and may reduce the risk of heart disease. You can’t lose with these guys! They’ve become a huge staple in my keto-diet because they’re so adaptable.
Anyways, the combination of rosemary, garlic, and a starchy vegetable always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy because it reminds me of Christmas, but you can play around with any herbs of your choice here. I’ve listed what I think would be some fun additions at the bottom of the recipe.
- 5 small sweet potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 3 large sprigs rosemary
- 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Hemp Hearts, toasted
- Spice Options: Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degree
- Toss sweet potatoes with rosemary, generous amounts of EVOO, and any spices using (I used all 4).
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, add chopped garlic and mix well.
- Return to oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with hemp hearts.
While super delicious as is, this recipe has tons of room for modifications! You can play around with different herbs, and I think parmesan cheese, toasted pecans, or walnuts would all be yummy additions.